Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

How much is TOO much?

For those not aware of this, the Lincoln (RI) Johnny Lightning Race Club promotes "Gravity Racing" of diecast cars in general, and Johnny Lightning cars in particular, and has been doing so for several years now. Strange as it may seem, they have found that the 1969 Camaro Black With Flames casting has been one of the fastest JLs ever made, which has driven the price of those cars through the roof. I actually found a collectibles store in Rhode Island which said that someone out here has placed a $75 "Bounty" on every single car they can find for him!

Here is an Ebay listing we just came across, which proves that word has gotten around the rest of the country about this car!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1969-CAMARO-BLACK-FLAMES-STREET-FREAKS-JL-1-64-T6-/330527665158?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item4cf4fbec06 

5 comments:

  1. I'll take $75 for my extra and ship it for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. My extra is still entombed on the cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can still remember when this particular casting came out.
    At the time the Streak Freaks releases came out, we were lucky if the local Walmart got one box every two months.
    I never found one in Canada.
    At the time that the casting was current, I was an active member of Hobby Talk and hooked up with an American collector.
    I bought two copies of the BWF Camaro from him for $7.00 each plus shipping which I thought was a decent deal.
    Later I bought some other BWF JL castings from him that I was never able to find in Canada.
    At $75.00 each, I think that I would sell my spare copy that is still in the blister.

    Cheers. Cobra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an extra one of these too. At these prices, I'm almost wondering if I shouldn't slap it up on ebay to get some extra spending money for CARnival...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if the non BWF ones would do as well? I only got my BWF but have a few extra of other releases.

    ReplyDelete