Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

New 1/24 BWF spotted in New Hampshire


Not all of you collect scales larger than 1/64, but for those who do, this is a neat one that we spotted in a Wal Mart over the weekend. It's a '53 Chevy Pick-up, from the Jada "Collectors Club" series. We were tempted to buy it, but at $14.97 and the dubious red coloring coupled with "ghost" flames, we opted not to.

I'll probably regret that, and end up spending twice that on Ebay at some point, but for now I'm OK with passing on it.

6 comments:

  1. There is a 51 Merc in release 6 also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which release is the truck, Brad? Did you get the Merc as well, and if so, do you have a pic you can post? I don't know that I've seen that car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truck is r5,I haven't got the merc yet as it has just been released

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some earlier pics of this one...possibly by Brad over at Swifty's. It's certainly a nice variation from traditional flames. I think the red fenders add a lot here though. Much like ghost flames, I'm not sure I would want to see a ton of the white flame outlines all over the place, but now and then this would be nice to see on certain cars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was at a WM yesterday and saw this truck. I hesitated at first but when I looked it over I decided it qualifies as a BWF so it came home with me. Now to find that Merc.......

    ReplyDelete