Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Are you finding this "Blog" format too difficult to use?

I assume that many of you, like me, are having your first experience with a "Blog", and while you all have considerable experience with the traditional "discussion boards" (Hobbytalk, JLTalk, Swifty's Garage) and this blog format is similar, I am wondering if it is just different enough to be unfamiliar to many of you as to how to navigate it, how to "do" things. In fact, someone mentioned to me that they thought a blog was only for the person hosting it to post on.

I have tried hard to make it clear, whenever I e-mailed invitations or posted a promotion for the blog anywhere, that EVERYONE is welcomed to post, but still, I have to wonder if this format is just too different from the traditional websites we are all used to using.

With that, I am inviting anyone who reads this to contact me - not necessarily by posting here on the blog itself (unless you want to) but by e-mail, which may be more comfortable and more private to use. Let me know if this "blog" setup is too difficult to use, or too foreign or different from the discussion boards. Is this keeping you from viewing the blog or posting?

It has been suggested to me that I switch this over to a more traditional website/discussion board setup, more similar to what we're used to on these other forums. I may just do that, I don't know yet. Shoot me an e-mail, which will remain private., and share your thoughts about this blog with me, please. I didn't set this up to be the only one posting, to hear myself talk, or to have a relative handful of people take part. I had hopes that there was enough interest and activity that it would pretty much take care of itself without a whole lot of posting from me (a little "carnut" goes a loooooooong way!).

Then again, maybe the topic (BWFs) is just too narrow and specific a subject to support that much interest in the first place? I figured with 20-30 guys starting, and who knows how many around the world joining in as we grow, there would be enough "traffic" to keep things interesting, not that I haven't appreciated the efforts of those who have contributed some very cool posts here so far!

I look forward to hearing from people who have participated, however much, but even more so from people who have visited the site and not participated.

Thanks folks! Send your e-mails to me at:  rjmcdermott@verizon.net and put "BWF Blog" in the subject heading please.

No comments:

Post a Comment