Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Mailman Cometh

And today he brought me some BWF's!

Last week I received a very cool CarQuest '40 Ford Coupe; what's funny about this is that when this car was released in CarQuest stores around the U.S. in 2002, I hadn't really started collecting BWF's yet, hadn't even found Hobby Talk yet. But I remember seeing them at the time because I was working as an outside salesman for, you guessed it, CarQuest! They were selling for $4.99 at that time, and I spent that plus shipping on this car!

Today I received a three car package from some other Ebay auctions I won, a Racing Champions '34 Ford Coupe, a RC '33 Willys Coupe, and a RC '69 442, which sadly arrived with the roof detached, damaged in shipping I believe. A very hard to find BWF! Scored all three for around twelve bucks, shipped, from the same seller.

These are joined by that Muscle Machines '70 'Cuda I won last week. Pics will have to wait just a bit, I'm not quite done finishing the living room.

How 'bout you, any nice additions to your collection lately?

4 comments:

  1. I saw that 40 Ford BWF Carquest car for sale at the East Hartford toy show last Sunday. Nice car but it's not the scale I collect, so I left it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then they also made the car in 1:24 or 1:43. It had flames on the front and had a Carquest emblum on the trunk. I was going to buy it for you but I figured you probably had it already.

    ReplyDelete