Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

My recent "finds"

I've mentioned some cool BWF's that I've scored lately, and promised to post pics when I could. Well, I took some time to take some quick photo's today, and while the cellphone camera isn't the clearest, I thought I'd put up what I could.

Here goes:

First, I scored these three at a Salvation Army store at 3 for a buck, maybe 3 weeks ago. There is a Hot Wheels Dodge Power Wagon, another HW that doesn't have a name on it, and - if you'll forgive the timing - a HW "Super Tsunami" (foreground)
.

Next is a three car Racing Champions set that I put together from a seller on Ebay for about $12 shipped ('33 Willys, rear, '34 Ford, center, '69 442 foreground):


Here is that CarQuest '40 Ford coupe I wrote about earlier:


a close-up:



And lastly, this really cool Racing Champions '49 Merc Ed "Rat Fink" Roth car. The pics stink on it, but there is a cool "Rat Fink" logo on the rear quarter along with the phrase "Lake Pipes Save Lives" on the roof, and under the hood is a sweet flathead Ford V8!


Now let's see your recent scores!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rich,
    I didn't see a new post thread box. Did I miss that?
    Anyway, check out 1 Stop Diecast, they have a very cool BWF 49 Merc available as a collector item. Very pricey, but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, are you talking about how to start a new thread? You have already posted a comment on an existing thread, so I think you're looking to start a new thread.

    If that's the case, at the very top of the main page you will see a blue line across the top. Look over to the right side of that blue line and you should see the words "New Post" over by the words "Sign In". Click on "New Post" and it will open a window in which you can start a new thread.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That CarQuest Ford is nice! Congrats on your scores. I just bought both the 1:64 and 1:24 Racing Champions BWF Willys on TTP. Just waiting to hear back from the seller about combining shipping charges.

    ReplyDelete