Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Post your Muscle Machines!

Got any BWFs from Muscle Machines? There were a bunch of cool releases from Funline back in the day a whole series of BWF's. These are the ones we're looking to see. So if you've got any how about showing them to us? Here are the cars that we have. First, MM was known for a really cool series of similar BWF cars that they ran, all in single car packaging. They also did an odd BWF mixed into a 5 pack set at times, with different "flame jobs". And in the second incarnation of MM a couple of years later, there was an entirely different "look" to their BWFs. Here's a look at what I'm talking about:



Here is a set of "Tri-Five" Chevies; two different '57s,  with a '55 (Apparently MM never did a '56?)




Next up, a '65 Chevelle wagon, with a '67 Nova, and a '68 Dart


Next, I like to call this "The Class of '69" ... there's a '69 Charger, a '69 Camaro, and a '69 Mustang



Finally in this series, we have my most recent addition, a '70 'Cuda


I remember that Muscle Machines did a limited series of 1/18 cars in these same schemes, though I don't have a single one, and some were done with an identical "Mini Me" 1/64 car in the box. I recently saw one of these combos with an old Willys Coupe, and I need to get that 1/64 as well.

Here are some of the other cars MM did, either as "5 Pack" cars, or "Second Generation" releases (singles as well as 5 Packs):

That Coupe with the yellow is included under the fabled "Millennium Bus" statute (lol) as it clearly is a lot of yellow paint - including yellow flames - laid over the main color of black.



Here we have a different '69 Charger, paired up with a '69 Daytona Charger




And lastly, a set of silver-flamed cars, a '69 Corvette and a '69 Chevelle. There's a third car with silver flames that didn't make this picture, an old Anglia delivery. Not sure where I put it (lol).

All together, I have 22 1/64 BWFs from Muscle Machines, and outside of the Willys from the 1/18 set, I'm not aware of any others. Maybe you've got one that isn't shown here? Rob Irving (ECChopper) is a hardcore Muscle Machines fanatic, maybe he can shed some light on this subject as well?

Rob? Come in, Rob?

1 comment:

  1. I spent considerable time last night going through Rob Irving's Photobucket album (That "thud" you just heard was ECChopper failing down at this news), and he has 40 pages of pics for his Muscle machines cars. I found three BWF's I don't have, while Rob has every single car I have.

    ReplyDelete