Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The BWF Blog has stagnated

I decided about a month ago that I needed to stop posting here so much, for a couple of reasons. First, I have too much going on around the house - projects wise - to try and keep the blog interesting. But more importantly, I needed to see if this thing could be self-sustaining.

It seemed that for the most part, aside from a couple of guys, I was doing most of the posting here. I didn't start this blog to hear myself talk, I started it so each of you would have a placce to exchange pics of each other's collections and inform each other about different Black With Flames diecast - old or new - that you either had or knew of. I wanted to give everyone a place to not only talk about BWFs and share information about them, but to have a place to trade for them as well.

So I wanted to see how the blog would do on its own, and the answer is an obvious "not so good". I don't have the time, energy, or interest to write a blog for a handful of people to read, I had hoped this would keep itself going, and that isn't happening. All of this means that there really isn't much interest in a BWF blog in the first place; the topic probably is too "narrow" of a subject to support it.

I'm going to try and set up a website format, just to se if that has any more success than the blog format, and I'll notify everyone when that happens. But if the support isn't there, then it isn't there.

3 comments:

  1. Dont lose faith, do what i do on my blog and just ignore it until i have something new to say (or find my camera after three months...).

    I collect black diecast, so i appreciate the niche your blog inhabits. i think i will link from mine if thats OK.

    BTW i find 99.9999999% of people never leave comments. i dont know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, we all need a rest at some point.
    Stepping back and taking a break can be a healthy endeavour.
    I have gone through periods where my enthusiasm for diecast has waned.
    The inability to find JL diecast in Canada for a prolonged period of time as definitely had some effect on my interaction on diecast sites over the last many months and interaction with other collectors on various sites.
    To make things worse, I had lost my log-on password to this site which just added to the frustration.
    Long story short, I just wanted to say to hang in there.
    This is still a great place and I like it.
    Hopefully, I can be a little more active in the fall and winter months.
    Cheers. Cobra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gerry! Appreciate the kind words. I've been wanting to turn this site into a "regular" website and not a blog, but school has taken up too much of my time.

    ReplyDelete