Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Adding photos

So far, none of us have been able to figure out how to post photos here, and what good is a site like this if we can't have pics, right? I went to the "search" feature of this site, and this is what I came up with. As far as I know, anyone can post pics to this blog, not just the "administrator", but hey, I've been wrong before. As I type this, I'm at a different "text box" than I usually see, and on the toolbar at the top of the text box, there is a square icon to the right of the underlined word "Link". Click that square box to get to the upload part of attaching a photo, and let me know how it goes from there.

You should also be able to "steal" a photo from any internet souce by right-clicking on the image, selecting "Properties", then copying the url address and pasting it into the coresponding line on this site on the "photo" download box.

See if this makes sense to any of you and maybe we can make some progress:

Add an image:

You can add an image from your computer or the Web to your blog. Click the image icon in the post editor toolbar. A window appears prompting you to browse for an image file on your computer, or enter the URL of an image on the Web.
Once you've selected your image, you can then choose a layout to determine how your image will appear in your post:
  • The 'Left', 'Center', and 'Right' options allow you to customize the way your blog text will flow around your image.
  • The 'Image size' options will determine how large the image will appear within your post.
Click UPLOAD IMAGES to add your image, and then click DONE when the notification window appears telling you that 'Your image has been added.' Blogger will then return you to the post editor, where you'll see your image ready to be published to your blog.
You can also publish images to your blog using your mobile device, Google's free photo software Picasa, or a third-party service like flickr. Learn more

5 comments:

  1. As far as I know, there is no ability to post images in comments. Only the owner account and any contributor accounts that are added can post images. And even they cannot post images in comments, only in the main posts.

    That said, your blog is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog, Sean, and thanks for the info.

    I'm going to contact the site admin to get to the bottom of this. To me, this site is nothing without the ability for anyone and everyone to post photos, so we're going to find out how to make that happpen. If I need to, I'll make every one of you "admins" just to have the ability to posts pics.

    I apologize for the bump in the road, but I'm learning on the fly and your patience is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, here is what I found when I typed "Posting photos?" into the help search box. See if anyone can make sense of this. I also visited this site as a different user, to see what you all see when you post a comment. The comment "text box" doesn't display a tool bar, so there is no icon to help post a photo.


    http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42475

    Photo FAQ's:
    http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42475

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have posted pictures on my blog with no problem. but it is only on new posts not comments. If you click on my avi it will take you to my blog, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm in touch with a guy who runs a "help" forum, and he's starting to give me some good info, which I'll pass along as I can.

    It appears that only "members" of the blog can post pics, and that being a "follower" is not the same thing as being a "member". Once I have this figured out, I'll know what has to be done to make all of you "members".

    Stand by, and I appreciate everyone's patience.

    Sean (Swifty), if you're reading this, my computer crashed a while back and I no longer have your e-mail address. We you please e-mail me? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete