Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Authors"/"members"

Okay, all of you who were invited to visit this blog the other day should have now received an invitation to become an "Author" for this blog. While anyone could previously post on the blog, it appears that you have to be an "Author" (member) to post photo's. I've taken that first step to allow you all to become "Authors". I'm stil working with that help forum to learn just how to post the pics, but if any of you stumble onto the answer first, please feel free to try and post pics.

By the way, you are all free to start new threads, just like on Hobby Talk, Swifty's, and other discussion boards. As far as I know, that's one of the similarities between a Discussion Board and a Blog.
By the way, I'll say this right here up front: anyone is allowed and encouraged to join in on this blog.

ANYONE, regardless.

The belief here is that we all share a common interest: Black With Flames diecast cars. It's the love of these cars that ties us together, regardless of personalities. There should never be an issue of "personalities" here.

It's all about the cars.

9 comments:

  1. Rich, it's very impressive that you started this blog (I'm always impressed by you), and the fact that you took the time and effort to investigate the small problems that some of us were having here with pictures. I look forward to giving your picture and posting ideas a whirl. A+ for effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a problem. Nice that you made a BWF skin for the site, but the black background now hides some words that were, I guess, in black before. For ex. we can't see the line that says comments at the bottom of your main posts, and we can't see the names of who posted what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I noticed that when I toyed with this the other day. One thing is that when you go to the bottom of a new thread, you can just know that rolling your cursor around the end of the post will show the comments link.

    If this doesn't work so good, we'll change back to the previous background.

    Thanks for the kind words, too. I could easily blow a day farting around here but I have four mid-terms to study for this week. I've still managed to sneak some time in here though.

    I think Leigh (SnowOwl) has shown that the "help" guy was right, you need to be an "author" (member) to post photos here. I have sent everyone of you an invitatuion to become "Authors" and as soon as you accept it, you too can post pics.

    Now the fun REALLY starts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, everyone, David. If you have to be an "Author"/"Member" to post pics, then we'll make everyone an "Author". I don't think that gives you access to the site "Dashboard" which controls the layout and content of the blog. If anyone wants to check, let me know if it does. I wouldn't really mind anyway, since I want this to be YOUR blog, not mine.

    By the way, we are allowed up to 100 "Authors" on the blog, so I don't think we'll have any problems making everyone an "Author".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never received an invite to be an author so there's nothing for me to accept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attention, folks (especially David Bilodeau!):

    Please check your personal e-mail, including your "spam" folders. As I have said, in order to post pics here, you need to be an "Author". Yesterday I e-mailed everyone who was originally invited to join this blog, and sent you an invitation to become an "Author". David, I am learning my way around the admin part of the blog, and I was just able to verify that you were, in fact, sent this invitation.

    If anyone can't find the invitation in their e-mail or spam folders, let me know and I'll send another.

    Thanks, folks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To those who found this blog on your own without the original invitation, I will send you an invitation to become an "Author" as well, soon. Thanks for finding your way here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Attention please:

    If you're reading this and did NOT receive an e-mail inviting you to become an "Author" (member), please double check your e-mail folder and spam folder. If it's not there, please e-mail me directly at: rjmcdermott@verizon.net

    You can't post pics until you're an "Author" and invitations were e-mailed to everyone yesterday. If you can't see one, we'll resend it.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete