Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our first video; Maisto "Joe's Diecast Shack" BWF COE Hauler set!

Here goes our first experiment with video, a shamelessly stolen piece posted on YouTube by a well known collector named "Race Grooves" (anyone here ever met him?). This is a set just released by Maisto honoring Joe Falco's 13th anniversary in the diecast car discussion board hobby. I've visited the shack often, and Joe has a stellar reputation across the hobby, enough to garner this tribute from Maisto. Joe was similar honored four years ago by Jada, I believe, with a Joe's Diecast Shack vintage Econoline Van.

This release features a very nicely detailed COE flatbed, with some sort of old Chevy (1957?) on the back that has a very interesting flame pattern.

Have a look:

4 comments:

  1. Now that's a coincidence. I bought that one today at WM for $7.00 . I thought I'd post a picture of it here but you beat me to it. It was the only one like it I saw in 5 WM that I went to this morning. The car is a '57 Chevy.
    I have 2 of the Joe's purple Jada van, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By all means David, post those pics please! Maybe post one of the purple van with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Race Grooves is "markkaz" on Hobby Talk. He's out in East Los Angeles.
    Now that I've seen this, I'll pay closer attention to these Jadas when I'm at WM. I've been bypassing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my area these Joe's Diecast Shack truck/car diecasts are not hard to find. I've seen many hanging on the pegs lately.

    ReplyDelete