Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

When I was new to "BWFs"

Five years ago, when I joined Hobby Talk as my first internet bulletin board dedicated to diecast, it truly became a life-changing event for me. It opened up a world of like-minded (addicted) collectors. Previously, my friends knew I collected little metal cars but they just didn't "get it". They probably thought it was one of my quirks. HT opened the door to friendships and FUN! And the rest, my friends, is history!
As a newbie to Hobby Talk, I came across discussions of a term I only knew from the classifieds......... "B W F". Think about it for a moment....!! LOL And the rest, my friends, is history!
In closing, what is the connection to my handle?

4 comments:

  1. Who, oh who, is this mysterious "Crestwood"? I know, but do any of you want to take a guess???

    Welcome, Mystery Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...Crestwood....home a famous Dodge dealershp...who do I know that uses a Dodge name as his moniker on other websites that is a BWF collector....let me think about this some more...I'd have to guess Mark...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right as rain, Mike!

    My great friend Mark Appellof (DadsCoronet/FuryUs) has signed on, and Mark is astute a BWF collector as you will find!

    That Crestwood name, Mark tells me, appeared on the side of a Mopar station wagon back in the day. What year and model, Mark?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Mike!
    As many of you know, my HT handle (DadsCoronet) is referencing my father's first brand new car, a '65 Coronet 440 station wagon. That got replaced with a '69 Monaco wagon (with a SuperLite!) and that got replaced with a '71 Dodge Crestwood wagon. It was the name put on Coronet wagons that had the 'wood' trim package.

    ReplyDelete